What to Expect -
Being a Patient - What to Expect from your first visit:
Seeing Dr. Mahar for the first time. When you first visit Kenmore Chiropractic, you'll spend about 30 minutes with us. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can assist with filling out paperwork and navigating your insurance. You can always print out the forms below and bring them in with you.
Dr. Mahar will do an initial consultation, you can discuss goals for care and learn how chiropractic care can help you heal. After the consultation, an exam will follow, possible x-rays and then treatment. We always make suggestions to you for your care, but you are the boss and make the ultimate decision on your treatment.
It can take anywhere from 3 to 9 visits to see relief from any issues. At this time we will do a Re Exam and help youmake decisions on your appointment schedule. Things sometimes can get worse before they get better, if healing does not progress, we can steer you onto another path of healing.
The philosophy of Chiropractic is based on the knowledge that our bodies have and innate ability to heal, meaning our body was created to repair itself. This ability can be decreased by a misalignment of bones in the spine that cause irritation to the nerves, often called Vertebral Subluxations. Chiropractic adjustments gently move the bones of the spine in order to relieve pressure caused by these subluxations and to allow your body to regain it's ability to heal itself.
- Massage Therapy - Working hand in hand with chiropractic, therapeutic massage can improve muscle tone and help make lasting changes to the spine.
- Craniosacral Therapy - This form of treatment has a profoundly relaxing effect. It was developed by an osteopath out of Michigan State to correct the flow of cerebrospinal fluid in the cranium and down throught the spinal cord.
- Myofascial Release - We'll find tender areas where muscles and connective tissue are producing pain and restricted movement and gently release it.
- Disc Decompression - Our specially-equipped table will ever-so-slowly stretch your spine. An then relax it. Stretch. And relax. Excellent for disc cases.
- Laser Therapy - This high-tech tool produces light in the red portion of the spectrum, which has been shown to assist in the healing of soft tissues.
- Conventional Medical care and Physical Therapy - Chiropractic care blends very well with care from your regular Doctor and Therapist. Although, usually the patient has to educate them.